0502.22 Terug
Vooruit 0502.24

Sym: 0502.23

Date: 24 februari 2005
From: ivnnl <bureau@ivnnl.com>
Subject: Sym: 0502.23: Symposium 'New research and developments in Dutch Literature', Berkeley, vr 23 - za 24 september 2005

Symposium 'New research and developments in Dutch Literature'

As you know, the Berkeley Conferences on Dutch Literature and, alternately, Dutch Linguistics, have been a treasured academic tradition for nearly twenty years. Because of my retirement and the resulting interruptions in the Dutch Studies program, they have not been held in the past few years. Another reason was that Berkeley was the venue of the 2000 ICNS conference (International Conference for Netherlandic Studies), with the theme of 'Janus at the Millennium: Perspectives on Time in the Culture of the Low Countries.'

This fall, on Friday September 23 and Saturday September 24, 2005, we will be hosting the next Berkeley Conference on Dutch Literature. As in the past, because we would like to preserve the intimate nature of the conference, with strong emphasis on panel discussion and dialogue, we are restricting the number of papers to around twelve to fifteen. We are excited to welcome Dutch writers Leon de Winter and Jessica Durlacher as keynoters to the conference. Indeed, they will most likely be visiting faculty for a whole semester.

Please indicate whether you plan to attend by emailing me at johanpsnapper@comcast.net. Tom Shannon and I look forward to your response. Johan P. Snapper, Queen Beatrix Professor Emeritus, Conference co-chair.

[Dit nummer][Agenda]